2019-20 & 2020-21 Conventional Calendars are now Available!
The Board approved both calendars at the Jan. 22 meeting.
Below are a few highlights for the 2019-20 school year.
- First Days of School: Students in grades 1-12 will have a simultaneous start on Aug. 6. As we have done in the past, preschool and kindergarten students will start school the following week on Aug. 12.
- Full-Day Professional Release: APS eliminated the half-day student early release to ensure uninterrupted learning. There are now five full professional release days held Sept. 27, Oct. 21, Dec. 6, Jan. 6 and Feb. 28, in addition to the district in-service day on Jan. 31.
- Fall Break: APS will continue to have a full-week Fall Break held Oct. 14-18 with Oct. 11 and 21 slated as student non-contact days. It occurs at the end of first quarter to ensure uninterrupted learning.
- Thanksgiving Break: APS will maintain a three-day Thanksgiving Break for students. It will be held Nov. 28-29 with Nov. 27 slated as a student non-contact day.
- Winter Break: APS will continue to hold Winter Break at the end of December and the beginning of January. It will be held Dec. 23 through Jan. 3 with Dec. 20 and Jan. 6 slated as student non-contact days.
- Spring Break: APS moved Spring Break from the last week of March to the third week of March. It will be held March 16-20.
Adjustments, such as the first days of school, were made to the 2020-21 conventional calendar to accommodate for the leap year.
Please review the calendars below, noting that individual school calendars may vary. Parents, please check with your child’s school for specific calendar information.