- Important Events
- Join us for Parent Coffee
- Parent Compact
- Studies have shown that parent involvement in their students' education is a major step towards their success in the child's growth and academic achievement. Below are some ways parents can be involved.
- Please contact South Family Liaison Kim Diggs if you have questions about Engagement and Volunteer opportunities! email@example.com 303-364-7623
Monthly Parent Coffees 8:45-9:45 am
Quarterly Accountabillity and Advisory meetings (SAAC)
Fall and Spring Title 1 meetings
Family Learning Nights or other special events
Attend choir/band/orchestra concerts
Support South student athletes at games and meets
Visit the school and observe a class
Volunteer at lunch and recess periods
After school homework help for students
Talk to Mrs. Diggs about how to sign up for Parent Portal and view grades and attendance
Talk to your student about what they learned in school each day
Can you teach me something new? What homework do you have today?
Share with me what you learned in (Language Arts, Literature, Reading, Writing, Math, History, Social Studies, etc.) today.
Would you explain this concept to me?
What is the goal of this section?
What project are you working on for school?
Don't accept "Nothing" or "I don't remember" for answers!
- If possible, provide a specific place and time to work on school assignments. Try to reduce distractions such as music, television, noise and clutter.
- Review report cards together. Reward your student for work well done. Encourage your student in areas that need improvement.